Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's the Final Countdown....


1 month, 4 weeks, 30 days, 720 hours, 43,200 minutes.... THEN WE ARE GONE! The energy is building, the anticipation heightening, the anxiety increasing, the work demanding... So much to do, so many details to complete. It is no longer... WHEN we move, it is THIS is the last time we might see you.... Yes, we are only 5 hours away or so by plane and seconds by Skype, MSN or Facebook and about a week of straight driving!

However, everything costs money, distance, time and energy. I KNOW I will be back, however, will you still be here? Will you have moved? Made a huge lifestyle change or .... passed away. I hope not... I hope I come for happy occasions not sad. Arrive to celebrate weddings, birthdays and anniversaries, not funerals. Reality is though, my next visit or return to town could be to assist with the preparations of a loved one who has died. Or to console a friend who has lost their soul mate and love of their life...

I know I plan to be here next summer on Canada Day weekend to attend the wedding of my lovely 'brother' Eric! Wouldn't miss it! Beyond that... I don't know! I do know we are close enough to easily slip across the border to Maine, or head to Nova Scotia, PEI or Ontario! The girls want to make a trip to New York and walk down Madison Avenue... maybe!

In the meantime, I have to sort, pack, sell, donate, recycle and DUMP! So much to do and luckily as of Tuesday I will have NOTHING else to really occupy my time... Except eye appointments, dentist appointments, check ups, legal appointments, end of year school activities.... Well, I guess there are a FEW things to be done! Including searching out heritage seeds for my future garden...

In the meantime I will plan our trip across this great and beautiful country. Look forward to seeing places and provinces I have never seen, historical sites I have only dreamed about. I am so grateful to live in a country where I have the freedom to move from one place to another. A country where I can get medical care no matter where I am. A country that allows us to make our choices as much as possible. No Canada is NOT perfect. Yes there is a LOT I would change if I could and we lived in Utopia... Where else could I do what I am doing and have the prospects I am envisioning? I am grateful!

Today I saw a beautiful Apache blessing on Facebook and I am going to share it as it truly captures how I feel....

May the sun bring you new energy by day,
May the moon softly restore you by night,
May the rain wash away your worries,
May the breeze blow new strength into your being,
May you walk gently through the world and know
...it's beauty all the days of your life.


Until next time....

No comments: